Welcome to The She Shreds Curriculum!
Welcome to our new lesson series. First time here? Here’s how to navigate this sea of knowledge and get the most out of each session.
Created from the desire to expand our perception of and relationship with music education, the She Shreds Curriculum series offers a virtual presentation of various teaching styles, techniques, languages, visualizations, and topics developed by music creatives to further our collective and individual learning.
Every month, our Curriculum will host two sessions with creatives in the music industry for a deep dive into a topic of their choosing and audience participation through direct question and answer. Our first session for August, Essentials for Your Digital Home Recording Studio with Glenn Van Dyke, has officially begun and will run through August 17. Each session is essentially designed for you to learn at your own pace on your own time, with the exception of live virtual workshops and Q and As, and will permanently live on the She Shreds website.
Here’s what you can expect from each session:
- Video introduction from each teacher.
- Long-form lesson: a deep dive into a specific corner of the musical universe.
- Support materials: tabs, exercises, information that further supports the overarching topic.
- Question submissions.
- A live virtual workshop and/or Q and A.
A schedule will be posted the first week of every month to our Instagram so stay tuned, read up, and get ready to take notes!
How to Navigate She Shreds Curriculum
Where to find She Shreds Curriculum
sheshreds.com >> Learn >> Curriculum or SheShreds.com/Curriculum
Use the Curriculum’s Table of Contents to guide yourself on where to start, what you’re in search of, and to digest information at your own speed.
Commit to Learning
She Shreds Curriculum aims to provide you with knowledge and discourse in a space that promotes connectivity, new ideas, digestible information, and a commitment to our continued learning and growth. During this hands-off moment in time, your engagement with the sessions and commitment to learning is just as important as the Curriculum itself. To get the most out of these sessions, here are a few suggestions:
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on all She Shreds Curriculum news.
- Follow us on Instagram for additional information and ways to engage with others participating in Curriculum.
- Designate a notebook specifically for She Shreds Curriculum to take notes, jot down questions, write out ideas, and keep yourself motivated and organized.
- Check the dates and times of live virtual workshops/Q and A to be sure you don’t miss out.
- Submit questions to Curriculum teachers through our submission form.
Become a Teacher!
If you’re interested in teaching a She Shreds Curriculum session, we’d love to hear from you! Submit a brief outline of your proposal through the submission form below that includes a little bit about yourself, your Curriculum topic, and ideas for support materials and virtual workshops. Check out our first She Shreds Curriculum with Glenn Van Dyke, Essentials for Your Digital Home Recording Studio, for inspiration—we encourage you to get creative!