Intern at She Shreds! Winter Submissions Now Open
She Shreds Media is looking for creative women and non binary guitarists and bassists to join our team for the winter season.
She Shreds is excited to open submissions for a winter internship position. Although we are in large part looking for someone to collaborate with our creative vision, She Shreds is a small team and those who submit should be open to the many last minute, wild, mysterious, boring, not-so-boring things that come up as a media company.
Who Is She Shreds? *Please Read
Since 2012 She Shreds has been home to the world’s first and only print publication dedicated to women guitarists and bassists—including features with internationally renowned artists such as Brittany Howard, Willow Smith, Fanny, Nai Palm, and many more.
As we transition out of She Shreds Magazine and into She Shreds Media, our mission continues to focus on educating, empowering, and inspiring people through unexplored musical and cultural landscapes. Our vision is to continuously refine, redefine, and reimagine the possibilities of how music connects us, ensuring an inclusive and accessible music community 100% of the time.
Being a part of our team means understanding that music, and the tools we have to create with, are not to be confined by the rules and limitations of any one language, technique, genre, skill level, or background and therefore our dedication of women and non binary guitarists and bassists shouldn’t be either. We’re looking for people who are determined and passionate about discovering and building fresh ways to connect and communicate. If this sounds like something you believe in then we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
The winter intern position is open to women and non binary creatives with an understanding and/or curiosity of multimedia content creation which can include video, collage, photography, illustration, etc. (we personally use the Adobe creative suit). It’s not necessary to have any previous experience but we will be looking for a candidate eager to learn and try new things.
- Submissions are open Thursday, November 5th – Monday, November 9th at midnight PST.
- Must have your own computer
- Those who play guitar or/and bass will be prioritized
- Those in college and/or graduating high school are encouraged to apply <3
- Although we’re based in Portland, OR we do encourage women and non-binary creatives from all over the United States to apply. Sadly, we won’t be accepting international applications at this time due to the time difference. However, if you feel strongly about it we want to know why (so submit anyway)!
- A monthly stipend is provided for around 60 – 75 hours a month
Through this internship you will learn about and/or play a role in:
- The pitch to publish process of all projects between November and March
- Content brainstorming
- Creation of multimedia content
- Social media strategy
- Artist communication
- Anything else you want to learn about running a media company!
Application process is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted an application! You will hear from us soon!